Monday, July 7, 2008

Meatloaf Recipes - 1968


Meatloaf Recipes - 1968, originally uploaded by Vintage Dish.

These easy meatloaf recipes come from a Campbell's Soup ad in the November, 1968 issue of Family Circle magazine. The mini meat loaf on top of the spaghetti looks like a cute idea; but the bottom right photo, with bacon and cheese sauce all over the top of a meat loaf ring, is actually pretty disgusting looking.
On the bottom right corner there is an offer to send for a Campbell's "Cooking with Soup" recipe book for 60 cents. I always wish I could still send away for all of these interesting freebees I see in these old magazines!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love old recipes too, I have some from my grandmother and some that my mother used in the 1970's - all for bulk baking for families with children so they're very thrifty, frugal and tasty baking :-)

Christine said...

That's one of the things I love about the recipes from the 1960's-70's that I've come across. There aren't many strange ingredients, so I usually have everything in my pantry already, yet they are surprisingly tasty! I wouldn't eat that way every day, but the food is very comforting once in a while.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.