Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome to Vintage Dish!

For as long as I can remember, most of my hobbies have centered around traveling, cooking, vintage books/magazines/photos, and photography. So it seemed to make perfect sense to me to create a blog that would allow me to indulge a bit further into these interests, while also being able to share what I've found with anyone who cares to stop by!

I have decided to start this blog, Vintage Dish, to provide a space to try out "vintage" recipes that I've come across in various sources, like old magazines or neighborhood cookbooks. Food trends change so often that I thought it would be fascinating to see what was popular during different time periods and to see how things have changed from year to year. I also admit a bit of curiosity about how these dishes will actually taste! And I am also looking forward to scouting out local vintage magazines while traveling, so I can compare how recipes were presented in different areas of the country or different parts of the world.

So please stop back when Vintage Dish is up and running! It will be great to see you here.

No comments: